Let’s be honest, CrossFit is not cheap. And for many people, it’s difficult to justify paying for a gym membership that costs anything more than $10-$30 per month.
It’s especially difficult to justify that cost if you’ve historically been that person who pays for your gym membership and never uses it.
In Southern California, your average CrossFit gym (or “box” as we like to call it), will cost somewhere around $175 – $250+ for an unlimited membership, depending on the gym, location, trainers, and other factors. For most traditional gym goers, that amount sounds unreasonable, until you break it down and look at what are actually paying for.
Your old $10 per month membership to “Globo Gym Fitness” got you access to a room full of equipment, most of which your average gym-goer has not been trained to use properly. You also got access to some group classes where you may have made a friend or two, but nobody actually held you accountable if you didn’t show up. You also got a nice big facility, but no guidance on what workouts you should actually be doing to get fit. Of course you could always hire a personal trainer, which runs around $80 – $120 per hour here in SoCal. So many options, and usually lots of frustration, but not very much value, and usually not very many results.
Let’s take a look at a CrossFit membership, and what it gives you:
- Proper training on all aspects of movement, weightlifting, technique, and intensity.
- Beginner-level classes designed to teach you how to exercise safely and effectively
- A community of fellow members who will hold you accountable to show up every day.
- A professionally designed workout regimen, created and pre-programmed for you daily.
- Certified Coaches to instruct and lead you through every workout.
- Coaching on proper weights to use, modifications, and warmup/cool downs.
- Sound personalized nutrition advice to fit your lifestyle.
- Small group classes of 5-15 students, which are always led by a coach.
To get anything close to this level of service, results, and accountability at a Globo Gym, you’d need to be working with a personal trainer at least 3 days per week. At $80/hr, 3 x per week, for a month, you are looking at $960. Of course you could just pay the $10 and figure out your own workouts with your access to all that equipment that you may or may not know how to use.
CrossFit delivers personalized coaching, accountability, prescribed workouts, and most importantly RESULTS! Investing in your health and fitness is well worth it. Your body will thank you for it.
Invest in yourself today. Come try a 1-on-1 Intro Session with one of our Coaches.
If you have any questions about health, fitness, nutrition, or CrossFit we are happy to get you started.